Monday, December 2, 2019

November Wrap-Up 2019

Here is everything I read in November. It was a pretty average reading month for me. There's a sad part of myself that wishes I had read a little more, but I had a busy month. From visiting family to having family come and visit, I just couldn't be as anti-social as I wanted to. I was still a little anti-social because that's just me, but all the family stuff took some time away from reading all the books.
I hope to end the year strong. I don't think I'll beat my all time goal for books read in a year, at least my number since I started keeping track of it, but as long as I keep going strong, I'll beat the number that I read last year.
So, here's what I read in November 2019

  
  


Unnatural Creatures Stories Selected by Neil Gaiman -- 3.75/5 -- I enjoyed this anthology. It was a mix of new stories and old, which I wasn't expecting. There was only a couple stories that I didn't love, but all the others were pretty fun to read. They were strange, they were different, and they all stayed true to the theme of Unnatural Creatures.

The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James -- 4/5 -- This was pretty crazy. Such a fast read. Sometimes, things happened almost too fast. It was a very interesting story. I could see this making a cool movie.

Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns Novellas) by Kendare Blake -- 4/5 -- I am kind of hooked to this Three Dark Crowns World. These novellas were really fun to read. I liked the history and backstory they presented. This is such a fun series. I can't wait to read Book 3.

The Waking Forest by Alyssa Wees -- 2/5 -- This was my struggle bus read of the month. I really didn't like it. The writing style was such a chore for me to get through. It was very much a story where it was style over everything else. It was bloated with similies, metaphors, alliteration, words said thrice. I did not enjoy myself reading this book.

Bring Me Their Hearts (#1) by Sara Wolf -- 4.5/5 -- This was great! It was so addictive, fun, fast-paced. It was so easy for me to read this and just get lost in the story. It was awesome! It ended on the cruelest of all cliffhangers, so I'm glad that Entangled Teen provided me with a free review copy of the second Book. Thank you Entangled Teen! I feel so special to have been given the chance to receive it.

Mirage (#1) by Somaiya Daud -- 3.3/5 -- This was just a very ho-hum read for me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. There just wasn't a lot action wise that happened. I wouldn't say that it was a boring story, but there just wasn't a lot going on. It had some insta-love that did nothing for me. The world was also confusing to me. I couldn't wrap my head around it or place myself in it. It's a mix of sci-fi and Moroccan Desert Tribal kind of thing. I will say, it's a very pretty book when it comes to design. The writing was good too. It was just very meh for me.

Favorite Read of the Month


Bring Me Their Hearts (#1) by Sara Wolf!!!

And that was what I read in November. How did your reading go? Can you believe there is only one more month until the year ends? That's just craziness to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment