Monday, December 9, 2019

Review: One Dark Throne (#2) by Kendare Blake


Title: One Dark Throne (#2)
Author: Kendare Blake
Published by: Harper Teen
Released: 2017
Source: Library

Synopsis: The battle for the Crown has begun, but which of the three sisters will prevail?

With the unforgettable events of the Quickening behind them and the Ascension Year underway, all bets are off. Katharine, once the weak and feeble sister, is stronger than ever before. Arsinoe, after discovering the truth about her powers, must figure out how to make her secret talent work in her favor without anyone finding out. And Mirabella, once thought to be the strongest sister of all and the certain Queen Crowned, faces attacks like never before—ones that put those around her in danger she can’t seem to prevent.
In this enthralling sequel to Kendare Blake’s New York Times bestselling Three Dark Crowns, Fennbirn’s deadliest queens must face the one thing standing in their way of the crown: each other. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: This was so good!! I was hooked. It picked up right after the events of the last book and just kept up this crazy, intense pace. This world that Kendare Blake has created has sucked me right in. I would not want to live in that world, but I'm definitely enjoying reading about it. I couldn't put it down, I couldn't look away, and now I need to know what is going to happen next.
My favorite sister is Arsinoe. I feel like she had the most normal upbringing out of the bunch. I like that she has people that genuinely care about her. I also love Billy Braddock. I don't hate Mirabella, but I think the power that she was granted can kind of go to her head sometimes. And Katharine ay-yi-yi, there is something seriously wrong with her. The events that happened in the first book have changed sweet little Katharine a little, she's a bit crazy.
There was just so much going on in One Dark Throne, so many twists and turns. Some definite shocks that I couldn't believe happened. This island is crazy. Triplets born for the sole purpose of killing one another crazy. It sure is fun to read about though.
This series man, this series.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
So Good! So Intense!

No comments:

Post a Comment