Thursday, December 5, 2019

Review: The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James


Title: The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
Author: Lauren James
Published by: HarperTeen
Released: 2017
Source: Library

Synopsis: A surprising and gripping sci-fi thriller with a killer twist

The daughter of two astronauts, Romy Silvers is no stranger to life in space. But she never knew how isolating the universe could be until her parents’ tragic deaths left her alone on theInfinity, a spaceship speeding away from Earth.

Romy tries to make the best of her lonely situation, but with only brief messages from her therapist on Earth to keep her company, she can’t help but feel like something is missing. It seems like a dream come true when NASA alerts her that another ship, the Eternity, will be joining the Infinity.
Romy begins exchanging messages with J, the captain of theEternity, and their friendship breathes new life into her world. But as the Eternity gets closer, Romy learns there’s more to J’s mission than she could have imagined. And suddenly, there are worse things than being alone…. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: What a wild, wild ride. I liked The Loneliest Girl in the Universe a lot! It was a very fast read, intense, fun, and crazy. So, so crazy.
It really did a good job of showing that feeling of extreme isolation. Romy is damaged definitely.
I enjoyed the mystery of this book. I needed to know what had really happened that ended with Romy being all alone, hurtling through space.
It was a very quick read, in some instances, it was almost too quick. I was getting whiplash from all the twists and turns. I wish some things had turned out differently.
I also wish I had gotten a little more from the ending, more closure for Romy's future. I like closure.
I liked it! The Loneliest Girl in the Universe would make a great movie. I'm definitely going to read more by Lauren James.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
You Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment