Friday, February 5, 2016

Reading Right Now! (#51)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...nothing exciting as I'm still reading the same book that I've been reading for the past couple weeks. I'm in a weird readig mood at the beginning of 2016. It's a little depressing, because I still want to read ALL THE BOOKS, and then I just get stuck on a book and am not able to move on to something new. I'm also not a person who DNF's books, I just can't do it. Even thinking abou it messes with a part of my psyche and gives me an odd twitch.


Title: Maplecroft (Borden Dispatches #1)
Author: Cherie Priest
I'm about 80% finished. I can see the end in sight, but it keeps elluding my grasp.


This book and I have had a strange relationship. It started off slow, then I got more into it, now I'm just ready for it to end. This book is dragging right now for me. It's like the neverending staircase, where you thik you're almost to the top, but more stairs just pop up. I think part of the problem is the way that it is written in diary entry and letter format. It really feels like the diary entries of people that love to ramble on and on and on.
I mean, I'm enjoying the book. I think it's an interesting story, but I'm just ready for it to end. For Lizzie Borden to find the monsters, kill them, and save Maplecroft. That's all I want.

So once I finish this book, I've got some ideas as to what to read next. Even though I shouldn't have, I got back on to Netgalley and requested some books. I mean, it's not like I don't have enough to read with my library addiction, book buying addiction, and so on. I obviously needed more books. So shocker to me, I got approved for some titles. I want to get better Netgalley stats, which means I need to read these before they are archived on me. Here's the two that I need to read first.

 
Title: Life After the Undead
Author: Pembroke Sinclair
I do love my zombie books, so I hope this is a good one.

and

Title: Tattooed As Trouble 
Author: J.L. Hammer
Didn't know this was the third book in a series until I was approved for it. Oh well. It looks like a fun kind of romancey thing, so I'm excited for it.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below. Have you read any of the books I mentioned? If you did, what did you think of them? Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully I finish Maplecroft this week. I want to be done with this book so bad.







No comments:

Post a Comment