Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Undead (Undead #1) by Kirsty McKay


Title: Undead (Undead #1)
Author: Kirsty McKay
Published by: Chicken House/Scholastic Inc.
Released: 2012
Summary: What seems like a normal school trip turns into a night of chaos. A stop at the Cheery Chomper Diner turns from dinner to Night of the Living Dead! Almost everybody gets zombiefied, except for four students who hide on the bus. Now those four students are fighting to survive the zombie horde and find a way to get home. Who knew a trip to Scotland would be so dangerous.
My Thoughts: Mehh, Eehh, blah. I just wasn't blown away by this one.


I love zombies. I love a good zombie read, so I was expecting to enjoy this book more than I did. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. It was just a meh read.
I kind of feel that I got dropped in the middle of a story. I don't feel like I got a good feel for the characters before the zombie mayhem hit. Or maybe it was just that I felt ambivalent about all the characters. My favorite part of zombie shows and books are not about the flesh eating zombies, but the struggling survivors. I like seeing them band together and find their way through a hard world. And since I was just meh about the characters, I was just meh about the whole book. Maybe I'm just in a weird reading mood. I don't know. And that ending annoyed me, because it wasn't one.
Yeah, I just feel like I got the whole middle part of a book that was missing a beginning and an end. It was just a meh read for me. I'm ambivalent about it. It probably won't be a zombie book that sticks in my memory for very long.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3/5
Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment