Friday, February 19, 2016

Reading Right Now! (#53)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is another chunk of books. Some repeats and some new ones have been added to the mix. Not sure if I'm succeeding at this whole reading multiple books at once thing, or failing. Without further ado, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...

First the repeats
 
1. Tattooed As Trouble (Vegas Vixens #3) by J.L. Hammer: This is my Netgalley/review copy read. I'm happy to say that I am making pretty good progress. I'm about 80% finished with it. It's a contemporary romance book about a girl who witnesses a murder, gets put in the witness protection program, and falls in love with the marshall guarding her. 
I think this is an okay read so far. I'm enjoying it. It will probably end up getting a 3 star rating from me. Hopefully my review for it will be up sometime next week. I've got to be on top of this Netgalley thing! I say that when the reality is that this title has already been archived, so I'm already technically late in reviewing it.
2. Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded Edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer: This one I'm just slowly going through. It's a collection of steampunk stories that I thought would be fun to read. I've only read about 3 of the stories so far, and I haven't fallen in love with any of them yet. I like fun steampunk stories, and so far these have been a little boring and dull. I don't hate it though, but it's not like Soulless by Gail Carriger or Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. 

Now for the newer additons
 
3. Y: The Last Man, Volume 4 : Safeword by Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, Goran Parlov, and Jose Marzan Jr.: Finally getting back around to continuing with this series. I've only read the first little part of it so far, but it just reminded me of the reasons I like this series. I love the humor in it. Looks like Yorick is involved in another situation that comes from being the last man on Earth. Flipping through this one, it's more sexual than the others. Looks like some Fifty Shades of Grey stuff going on to an unwilling Yorick. So, this one won't be for the younger readers. Not like this series is meant for younger readers anyway. Sometimes it's just nice to chill with a comic and fly right through it.
4. The Assassin's Curse (Assassin's Curse #1) by Cassandra Rose Clarke: Just started reading this one today actually, and I'm thinking that it could be good. The main character is a pirate princess, and if that doesn't peak your interest, I don't know what well. It has already been covered that I love pirates and want more books about them. Umm I don't know how to pronounce the main characters name because of all the n's. Anannu or Ananna, something like that, once I see all those n's, my tongue just gets tied and my brain gets confused. Anyway she's been arranged in marriage for a political alliance to the Pirate Confederation, she decides to run away. They end up sending an assassin after her and adventure ensues. I've only read about 25 pages, but this seems like it is going to be fun.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below. Have you read any of the books that I'm currently reading? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment