Monday, February 15, 2016

Review: Saga: Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


Title: Saga: Volume 2
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Fiona Staples
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2013
Summary: Two star crossed lovers on the run for their lives have the most terrifying visit of all, in-laws! Marko's parents come to visit and Alanna must make nice. They are also still being chased by what feels like the entire universe. Another exciting edition to the Saga.
My Thoughts: An enjoyable addition to the Saga storyline. In comparison to the first volume, this one wasn't super exciting, but I still enjoyed it.
This series gets such hype on booktube and the internet, and while I'm enjoying reading it, I don't know if I think it's the best thing ever that I've read. It's definitely a fun reading experience though.
I really enjoy the story, how Hazel narrates the struggles of her early life. There's a lot of heart there, and I'm very interested to see how her story continues.
I also really enjoy the artwork. It's so colorful and pretty, but then it can turn really weird and shocking. I still don't recommend for younger readers because of the sometimes shocking, rated R illustrations.
Some of this second volume felt like filler. Like not a lot really happened in it. I was also not a fan of that cliffhanger ending, most times those just feel so mean.
I did like going back in time and seeing how Hazel's parents met. I liked how Hazel got to spend some time with her grandpa.
So far, I think Saga is a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to continue with it. Really pretty artwork and an interesting storyline make for a fun reading experience. I'm glad I picked this series up.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
And the Saga Continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment