Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books Suggested/Recommended To You

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Books That Have Been Suggested/Recommeded to You. I'm having a little bit of a struggle with this topic just because I don't get personally recommended a lot of books. I mean, I'll do a lot of book recommending, but I don't have enough real life reading friends to recommend books to me. Most of my recommendations that I get are from booktube. Some are direct recommendations left in the comments, and others are recommended in the booktube videos that I watch. So I'm going to go with with Top 5 (or maybe 6)  Recommend Books from Booktube.

  
  

6. The Devouring (The Devouring #1) by Simon Holt: This one I saw on Sue Moro's/Sue'sBookNook's chanel on Booktube. She marketed it as being really scary, so scary that it gave her nightmares. I love a good, scary book, so I was sold. It turned out to be soooo good. It lived up to being very creepy and scary. It was also a really quick read. It's part of a series, and I'm very excited to continue on with it.
5. Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake: This one was a result of the hype on booktube. So many people were talking about this book and how good it was. The cover really cemented in my mind that I had to have it. This was just fun to read. It had a little bit of that Supernatural feel, a haunted house, and some real gore. Haven't read the sequel yet, but it is on my list of things to do.
4. Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush: I'm 98% sure I heard about this on booktube, but I just can't remember who exactly from. This book was so fun to read. It was like an action movie with hot guys. This one is also massively underhyped. It deserves more people talking about it. Such a good series. I'm gonna need this author to write more books too, I will read anything she writes next. I've heard tell she has a new book coming out in 2017, and I'm excited!
3. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: I think I heard about this one from the channel Thoughts on Tomes who's name is Sam, I believe. She just held up the book, I saw the beautiful cover, and wanted the book right then and there. And this book was so good! YA Westerns need to become a thing now, because I would definitely read them. I've heard tell that there is going to be a sequel or related novel in this world and I'm very excited for it.
2. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: I think this was a general booktube recommendation too. Saw a bunch of people hauling this and talking about it, so I wanted it. This book just took me on such a ride. It immersed me in the world of Stanilas Cordova and all the weirdness that he made real. Such a good story with some cool, added extras inside. This is a must read!
1. Vicious by V.E. Schwab: Again this was booktube. I think a lot of people were talking about this one when it came out. One that I can remember is Jesse from JesseThereader. Everyone was saying how awesome it was and how everyone should read it. And it was awesome. So awesome. I really loved everything about this book. I really need to buy my own copy and re-read it sometime. I'm recommending it to you, if you haven't read it yet.

So that's my Top 5 Books That Have Been Suggested/Recommended to Me, mostly from booktube. Ooh and I guess goodreads and friends that I've made on booktube. Anyway, every book on my list is great and you should check them out. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new topic to consider and enjoy. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!


No comments:

Post a Comment