Monday, November 21, 2016

Review: Undone (Outcast Season #1) by Rachel Caine


Title: Undone (Outcast Season #1)
Author: Rachel Caine
Published by: ROC
Released: 2009
Source: Library

Summary: Cassiel has spent centuries as a Djinn, a powerful being who watched the world's events from afar. Cassiel has no interest in humans, or humanity, and regards them mostly with apathy. When Cassiel rejects a command from her master Ashan, he throws her out of the Djinn, strips her of her powers, and traps her in a human body. Cassiel is now stuck as the one thing she hates, and to stay alive, she must draw power from a Warden.
Cassiel is partnered with Manny Rocha, and begins a journey into what being human really is.
My Thoughts: I'm going to do my best to keep my thoughts short and sweet as I make this mini review. This is the first Rachel Caine book I've ever read, and I'm kicking myself for waiting this long. I very much enjoyed this book. Granted, I was a little confused because this is a spin-off series to Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series, and I definitely should have started there first.
This book was awesome. It played out like a movie with all the twists, turns, and action. Really enjoyable reading. I also found the character of Cassiel to be pretty fascinating. She started off so foreign, so Djinn, but throughout the novel, she just grew more and more human.
And Ahhh that ending! It can't even be called an ending if it ends with a TO BE CONTINUED... 
I must pick up the next book ASAP!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
I sense more books by Rachel Caine in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment