Monday, July 3, 2017

Review: Chew, Volume 5: Major League (Issues #21-25) by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 5: Major League (Issues #21-25)
Written by: John Layman
Drawn by: Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2011
Source: Library

Summary: Tony Chu, skilled Cibopathic, plagued by the worst luck. He's just been reassigned to the Traffic Division, losing his FDA privileges. Applebee took great glee in informing him of that. His daughter, Olive, is also MIA. Tony has also been split from his partner John. 
Malevolent forces are at play for Tony Chu. His misery is our entertainment, but misery within reason.
My Thoughts: Such a good time! I always have a good time reading Chew. I love the art, the humor, and the little hidden Easter Eggs.
Tony had a tough time in this Volume. I felt bad for him. I mean, I found his time as a Traffic Cop to be very entertaining, but things went downhill for him very quickly.
I'm interested in this Olive and Savoy thing that's going on. I'm still confused as to what Savoy's angle is.
Oh John. I can only shake my head at what he's gotten himself into.
I will say that this Volume didn't feel the most relevant to the overall plot. Chew does tend to have problems sticking to some kind of relevant, continuing story, in my opinion, but that also can be part of its charm.
A great Volume of Chew. It made me laugh, and I very much enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to see where things go next. GO READ CHEW! It's fun!!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Great Fun! I Love It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment