Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: Y: The Last Man, Volume 7: Paper Dolls (Issues #37-42) by Vaughan, Guerra, Sudzuka, Marzan, Jr., and Robins


Title: Y: The Last Man, Volume 7: Paper Dolls (Issues #37-42)
Written by: Brian K. Vaughan
Pencillers: Pia Guerra and Goran Sudzuka
Inker: Jose Marzan, Jr.
Letterer: Clem Robins
Published by: DC Comics
Released: 2006
Source: Library

Summary: Yorick, Agent 355, and Dr. Mann have a pit stop in Australia. Yorick decides to take a shore leave of 24 hours to find Beth, with the assistance of Agent 355. Along the way, they meet up with a reporter who could change everything.
They are also still on the hunt for Ampersand, who not only is a lovable monkey, but could be the key to everything. 
Yorick, Agent 355, and Dr. Mann's next stop, Japan.
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this, but it's not my favorite Volume in the series. The first half was good, but the second half got a little hard to follow. Still love Yorick and Agent 355. Dr. Mann, I could take or leave her. I'm excited to see where things go in the next Volume. I'm getting closer to the end, which makes me happy and sad at the same time.
I did get a little confused by the blast from the past near the end. Some of those scenes would have made more sense to appear in an earlier volume. I do hope they rescue Ampersand soon. His captor is no good.
Y: The Last Man is a comic series I really enjoy. I'm getting near the ultimate end, and I can't wait to see how the adventure continues in the next Volume!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
I'm getting closer to the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment