Friday, December 15, 2017

Reading Right Now! (144)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- The Devil's Only Friend (John Cleaver #4) by Dan Wells -- Guys, guys, guys... I'M FINALLY CONTINUING ON WITH THIS SERIES!!! I read the original John Cleaver series quite a while ago, (I Am Not A Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don't Want To Kill You) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a messed up story about a teenage sociopath, and his first adventure happens when a serial killer starts terrorizing his town. John Wayne Cleaver lives by very important rules, rules he follows so he doesn't succumb to his dark thoughts and kill people! He's a twisted teen. I'm not going to spoil anything for the first books, or at least try not to. In general terms, John Cleaver becomes a hunter of killers by killing them.
I was super excited to learn that John Cleaver's adventures would continue in more books. John is now part of a secret government team that hunts down killers. It's giving me vibes of Criminal Minds and Supernatural. John doesn't like being a part of this team, but he's stuck for the time being.
I'm definitely enjoying it. John still creeps me out, but he's such an interesting character. I can't wait to read more and see where everything goes. I definitely recommend this series!!!

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

4 comments:

  1. That does sound interesting! Reminds me a bit of Dexter, though I don't actually know if they'd be very similar at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched or read Dexter, so I couldn't tell you for sure if they are alike. John Cleaver really struggles with himself to be "good". I think they might also fight different kinds of things. But I do love the John Cleaver series by Dan Wells! I keep meaning to read the Dexter books.

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched or read Dexter either, but from what I've heard, they could be a bit similar. I think I'd start with this series though. I'll have to check my library for them. I almost always enjoy the psychological aspect of serial killer stories, and it would be nice to have one that I could kind of root for!

      Delete
    3. Cool! He's definitely messed up. I don't know if I'd want to hang around him haha. If you read it, I hope you like it! Every book I've read from Dan Wells (so far) I've enjoyed!

      Delete