Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: The New Hunger (Warm Bodies #1.5) by Isaac Marion


Title: The New Hunger (Warm Bodies #1.5)
Author: Isaac Marion
Published by: Emily Bestler Books/Atria
Released: 2015
Source: Library

Summary: Three different stories, three different people. Julie is on a road-trip with her parents, but all the tourist spots are either abandoned or filled with the Walking Dead. They are searching for somewhere safe, somewhere with people.
Nora and her brother Addis are all alone. Abandoned by their parents, Nora must find a way to protect her brother. Danger lurks around every corner and responsibility hangs heavy.
R wakes in a forest. He's confused, different, unsure. He's not alive, but not dead either. What's his purpose?
Before Warm Bodies, these are the journeys that shaped Nora, Julie, and R.
My Thoughts: This has made it in to my TOP NOVELLAS Bracket. This was soooo good! It felt needed. It added something to the Warm Bodies world. Some novellas I come across are pointless to the series they occupy, but this one was fantastic!
I got sucked in to all the separate stories. I was curious, I was invested. It also gave me a The Road by Cormac McCarthy vibe.
I was probably the most invested in Nora's story, but everybody's was good.
There was such a great mix of tension, heartbreak, and ultimately satisfaction. I got to see what happened to these characters before Warm Bodies and how they all ended up connected and together.
I still do have questions of how the world ended. Little tidbits were thrown in about nuclear bombs, radiation, and some crazy, religious sounding cult, but I would have loved a more concrete story as to what really happened. I'm a curious person, so if I'm going to be dropped into a post-apocalyptic world, I always want to know how and why. I rarely get answers, which disappoints me.
This Novella was a win for me! I was gripped from page one and had to race to the end. I definitely recommend reading this one. I didn't realize how much I missed the Warm Bodies world.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
Great Scott! This Was Fantastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment