Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: 2018 Wishlist!

I've been so sporadic with my Top 5 Wednesdays. I should be better, but then I remember who I am. I'm lazy and unmotivated 65% of the time, sometimes, I just don't like the topics. This week's Top 5 Wednesday is a general kind of wishlist of things I want in 2018. Not specific book titles, but kinds of books that I want to see. I'm not sure I have a full five that I can think of right now, but I've got a couple.

--Space and Sci-Fi Books-- I'm really into the space books. I find them to be fun. Especially when there's adventure mixed in with them. I know that YA has done space books, but I just want more. Same goes for Sci-Fi. I've been getting more into Sci-Fi and would love to see more YA Sci-Fi. I don't like it when it's super heavy on the confusing science, so preferably a book that dumbs it down for me.

--Books with Pirates, Mermaids, Sea-faring Adventure-- I love, love, love PIIRATES!! If you've been following my blog for a while, you know this. But I think I just want more seafaring books in general. Mix in some mermaids, some other mythological sea creatures. A good quest! I'd be in.

--Adventure Books-- I really enjoy a good adventure, so I hope to find some really good, fun, adventure books.

--Scary/Thriller Books-- Some people might be tired of the thriller books, because we did get a lot of them after the success of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, but I'm up for me. I find them to be very addicting and entertaining. The endings don't always live up to the journey, but they are fun to read. I also love a good scary book, so I'd like more of those. Maybe even a good book about someone who is cursed. Could be fun!!

--More Superheroes Please-- I might have worded this one wrong, Super Powers is what I'm really hoping for. I know that a lot of Canon Superhero books are coming out from recognizable authors, but I would love new, original super hero stories. That would be fun. Please make it happen.

So that's my Top 5 Wednesday: 2018 Wishlist. What kind of books/tropes/subjects do you hope to see in 2018? Let me know in the comments below. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should! Each Wednesday is a fun, new topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment