Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Review: Doubt 1 by Yoshiki Tonogai


Title: Doubt 1
Author: Yoshiki Tonogai
Published by: Yen Press
Released: 2013
Source: Library

Summary: Rabbit Doubt is a popular mobile game where players have to find the hidden wolf before he kills them all. The wolf is one of them, disguised as a rabbit, but has evil intent.
Five players of the game decide to meet in real life. They have a good time, until they wake up disoriented in an abandoned building, with one of the players already dead. The players also discover barcodes tattooed on each one of them.
How did they get here? What happened? Is there a wolf hiding in their midst? In order to make it out alive, the players will have to find a way out of the building, and a way to keep themselves safe from the wolf.
My Thoughts: This one won me over after a slightly rocky start. I only say rocky start just because I felt thrown into the beginning. All these kids are essentially just meeting each other, but it almost didn't feel like a first meeting. It also had some of that fan service feel with one of the girl characters. The whole huge boobs and tiny schoolgirl skirt.
Once the kids woke up in the abandoned creepy place, it got really good. It was gory, mysterious, and I have no idea as to who the wolf is, or what's going on. I'm definitely intrigued by it all. It's intense. I'm unsure of everyone, so I don't know what to think.
It was creepy, good, and I must find out what happens next. It was a fun, fast read, and I definitely recommend it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Who's the Big Bad Wolf?

No comments:

Post a Comment