Friday, April 12, 2019

Reading Right Now! (201)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
Okay, I've got some plans this week. I've got some stuff I want to finally finish and I think I should be able to do it.

 


I'm making it my mission to finally finish the rest of Goblin: A Novel in Six Novellas by Josh Malerman. I've got one more of the novellas to read and the epilogue, and then I am finished!! I'm enjoying it. It's not as scary as I thought it was going to be. I'm glad I got to read it from my library, because there was no way I was going to get to read it otherwise. I have noticed a bunch of typos spread throughout the book though, which is kind of weird. Maybe because it's a small press publisher? Next I'm going to speed through Saga: Volume 9 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I'm kind of falling off the hype train for this series. I still like it, but I don't think it's the greatest comic series I've ever read. It's such a drawn out series. I like the art and colors, but I don't like how inappropriate it is ALL THE DANG TIME!!! It's definitely not safe to read at work, in front of family members, children, aged people, Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm only comfortable reading it when I'm allllll alone. It's not necessary to have all that nakedness in it, in my opinion. I feel like they put it in there just for shock value, and that's lost it's charm for me. And while I'm on my ranty rant rant, It amuses me that the authors have taken an indefinite hiatus from writing this. I know it ends on a crazy moment cliffhanger (because I might have peeked). And then you don't even know when they'll write the next installment!! My feelings for this series are so all over the place really.
So that's what I would like to finish. And then I would like to start.


The Sister by Louise Jensen. It looks like a fun thriller and I'm here for it.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment