Monday, April 29, 2019

Review: The Sister by Louise Jensen


Title: The Sister
Author: Louise Jensen
Published by: Bookouture
Released: 2016
Source: Review Copy from Publisher through Netgalley / Physical Copy Borrowed From Library

Synopsis: ‘I did something terrible, Grace. I hope you can forgive me…’
Grace hasn't been the same since the death of her best friend Charlie. She is haunted by Charlie's last words, and in a bid for answers, opens an old memory box of Charlie's. It soon becomes clear there was a lot she didn't know about her best friend. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this debut thriller. So many things happened in it. So many secrets were revealed, twists were handed out like candy, plus shocks galore. It was a really fun read and I liked it.
I really enjoyed the writing style. It was very easy to get into the story and I kind of sped through it.
Grace has to be one of the most cursed characters I've met. Allll the bad things seemed to happen to her. Family tragedy, threatening letters, twisted ankles. There was a point where I would just think, Really!? another twisted ankle??
Another thing I noticed about Grace is that she seemed to vomit all the time. It was excessive vomit. I guess it was just how she dealt with stress and shock, but it became a little repetitive.
The Sister had almost every kind of twist and turn you could imagine. In a way, it was almost sort of comical, but I was enjoying the story, so I let it slide and tended to forgive it.
I do think Dan (Grace's teenage crush/current boyfriend) got an unfair ending in a way. I wanted a happy ending for those two.
I enjoyed The Sister! I'll definitely be on the lookout for more by Louise Jensen.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Alllll the Twists & Turns. Literally All of Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment