Friday, April 26, 2019

Reading Right Now! (203)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 


First I've got The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. This is the first book in a series. I'm enjoying it, but at the same time, I feel it's too smart for me. The world-building is just kind of going right over my head. It's about these Librarians who go to different worlds, parallel universes, and steal rare books for their organization's collections. I feel like I'm on that verge that I really could enjoy it, but only if things just made more sense. I need the simplest, dumb-it-down version when it comes to world building, or I'm just not gonna understand it. They've got words like chaos leaning blah blah blah, and I'm just like hmmm?? I do like it, but I'm wishing the approach to world building had been different.
Then I've got Rat Queens, Volume 2 and Rat Queens, Volume 3 by Kurtis J Wiebe and I'm enjoying it. I do think I'm in for a rude awakening because the art style is going to change and I know I'm not going to be a fan of it. I don't do well with change. Apparently, the original artist was arrested, so the author got a new artist whose style doesn't even try to match the original style. Probably because the new artist wants their art style to shine blah blah blah. This is all conjecture because I haven't reached the point of art change yet. Probably being mean about that, but I like the original art style, a lot! That's probably what made me enjoy the first volume so much. So we'll see.

I am also struggling with wanting to buy BOOKS!!! I want to make a Bookoutlet order because they are having their sale. I know I don't need more books, but I still want them. I also want to make an Amazon order (for books). I want to preorder something and then get some other books I've been eyeing. I know I shouldn't spend the money. I don't have the room. People are going to judge me for buying yet more BOOKS! The people I mean are my family. I'm just struggling, and I'm not a strong person to resist the urge to buy books.

So rambling over. That's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment