Saturday, August 8, 2020

Reading Right Now! (266)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
I'm actually trying to take part in the NEWTs Magical Readathon created by BookRoast. This is the first time I've tried to complete the OWLs/NEWTs, and it will also be the last time, because this is the last year of this readathon. BookRoast is still going to have a readathon, but she's going to make something all new for next year. I know it will be awesome because she is super talented.


-- Daughter of the Siren Queen (#2) by Tricia Levenseller -- I'm pretty sure this covers my A in Care of Magical Creatures, which is to read a book with fire in the title or on the cover. I love pirate books. I love the Golden Age of Piracy in general. I read the first in this duology maybe a couple of years ago, and while I didn't love it love it, I enjoyed it. So far, I'm really enjoying this sequel too. One thing I will say is that Alosa is not a female Jack Sparrow. I've seen blurbs that make that claim. Jack Sparrow is more zany, selfish, and unexpected then Alosa is. Alosa cares a lot about her crew and she just doesn't have that wackiness that makes Jack Sparrow so fun.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Anything readathons that you're taking part in? I'd like to maybe do ArcAugust too, but I don't have much faith in myself for actually making progress with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment