Friday, August 21, 2020

Reading Right Now! (268)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Lake of the Ozarks: My Surreal Summers In a Vanishing America by Bill Geist -- I'm still going with my NEWTs Magical Readathon, even though I fear that I won't complete all my levels. I had a book that really slowed me down, so I'm hoping I can finish strong.
For my Arithmancy Level A, I have to read a non-fiction book. I'm going to be totally honest, non-fiction is not my genre of choice. Most times I would rather live in a fictional world then read about a real life story. So I scanned my shelves for something that I could read for this challenge and came across this one. I won this last year in a Goodreads Giveaway (as you can see, I'm awesome at reading all my arcs on time *wink wink*) This was short and it looked interesting, it fit the prompt, so I said I'm reading it.
I'm enjoying it. It's not so much a linear story as it is listening to someone ramble on about the past. Sometimes it can be funny. Sometimes, I wonder what the point is.
I think another reason that this book kind of interested me is that I have a lot of family that comes from Missouri. Great grandparents and great great grandparents, so not family that I've maybe met or anything, but still, I have Missouri roots! I do have a cousin that lives in Missouri though. Kansas City, Kansas is where my grandparents live, but that's right near Missouri. Anyway, it has a pull because it's where many of my ancestors lived.
I'm enjoying it so far, and it's pretty quick reading.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment