Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4) by Patricia Briggs



Title: Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Published by: ACE Books
Released: 2009
Source: Library

Synopsis: By day, Mercy is a car mechanic in the sprawling Tri-Cities of Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shapeshifter with some unique talents, Mercy has often found herself having to maintain a tenuous harmony between the human and the not so human. This time she may get more than she bargained for.
Marsilia, the local Vampire Queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan—and she's out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack (and her close relationship with its sexy Alpha), it won't be Mercy's blood Marsilia is after.
It'll be her friends'. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: I love this series! It's such a comforting thing to come back too. I'm such a fan of all the characters. It's just great.
Mercy and Adam finally get together and I couldn't be happier. It wasn't just a Mercy and Adam smooch fest for the whole book though. Mercy gets into some trouble with Marsilia and her vampire clan, which I thought would be the main focus of the story, but it wasn't.
Something unexpected happened, which was really fun to piece together and follow.
I will say, some of the danger does get taken care of pretty quickly. For all the build up, I expected a longer battle.
Another great addition to the series. I'm such a fan. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5
I Love It.

No comments:

Post a Comment