Friday, May 22, 2015

Reading Right Now! (#31)


Title: Undertow (Undertow Book #1)
Author: Michael Buckley
I'm on page 48 which makes me about 13% through the book.

What I'm Reading Right Now! is Undertow by Michael Buckley. I pretty much just started this and don't really know how I feel about it yet. I don't know if I'm a fan of the writing style yet or not. There are a lot of similes and metaphors, and sometimes I find that kind of writing style to be annoying. But I am interested so far, I'm not turned off by the story, but I'm not absolutely loving it either. I'm still kind of waiting to find out what's really going on. I'm also not sure how I feel about the main character Lyric. She seems kind of like a party kid and I usually don't connect with characters like that because I'm not that kind of person. So we will see how Lyric and I get along. I did see this book on the Goodreads.com sidebar, it was featured as one of the popular books of the month. I can't wait to read more and see how I end up liking it.
As for a little synopsis as to what this is about, I'm not 100% sure. I think what it is about is that this race of people rose up from the sea and now are living in a kind of temporary tent camp at Coney Island. It's set in our modern world and the people are not happy about these sea creatures camping out. There is a lot of politics and protests and all that fun stuff. The sea creature children are about to be integrated into high school, going alongside human children. This causes a lot more protest. I think our main character Lyric kind of gets partnered with one of the sea kids and has to show him around, and some kind of romance might ensue.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading in the comments below. Have any of you guys read this book? And if so, what did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment