Thursday, May 7, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books You'd Want to See as TV Shows (not movies)

I know this is late and not a Wednesday, but I'm doing it anyway. This week's topic is the Top 5 Books You'd Want to See as TV Shows (not movies). Without further ado, here are my picks.

 

  

I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells: This would be perfect because it would be like a mix of Supernatural and Dexter. John Wayne Cleaver is such a creepy character, but you can't help but root for him. He really has an internal struggle that I think would make for interesting tv. Also it would work longevity wise because there would always be something for John Cleaver to fight. I would watch this if it were on tv. It would be creepy and good.
The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy, illustrations by Todd Harris: I think this one would make a great kids show/cartoon series. I don't think it would work so well as live action. But hey, this is my fantasy list, so I can pick what I want. I love this series. It is so much fun and funny. There is a great cast of characters and there is just a lot of humor in this series. The princes play off each other so well. This would just be a whole lot of fun as a tv series.
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen: I could see this being a series on the CW Network. It would be like an historical version of the Gossip Girls. There would be a lot of glamor, drama, and a beautiful wardrobe selection. This might not be the most original idea, but ideas like this have already been on television and worked. Think of the beautiful dresses!
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella: I love this series and feel that it would make for a very fun tv show. This series is also full of humor and just a main character that makes me laugh. Becky is always managing to get herself in trouble with her shopping addiction and her long suffering family have to try and help her out. This would just be a cute series to have on tv, and sometimes there aren't enough of those.
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer: This one would be just fun in my mind. I feel like it could go to a middle school/teen audience. There are a lot of books in this series and a lot of material to pull from. Artemis is a delightful mastermind and his character development would be fun to watch on a show. The world would also be really interesting to see on tv with fairies, goblins, and centaurs. I just think this as a tv show would be fun.

So those are the books I would pick to make into TV shows. What would your picks be? You should totally join in the Top 5 Wednesday fun. Every Wednesday, there is a new topic to explore and enjoy. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!


No comments:

Post a Comment