Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Around The Year In 52 Books: Week 36

WEEK 36:
A Hugo Award Winner or Nominee



--What are you reading this week? I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

--Did you read a winner or a nominee? I'm reading a winner.

--In what category was your selection nominated? I think it was nominated for best novel, because that's what it won for in 2002.

--Do you pay attention to whether your book is an award winner when you choose what to read next? No. I'll only pay attention to that fact if the book has a big award sticker on the cover, or mentions being a winner somewhere on the book. I don't want to be that kind of reader that only reads something that other people have deemed worthy. I mean, it's great that it won an award, but I don't want that to be the only reason I read it. I like picking up all kinds of different books, I don't limit myself to just reading winners or nominees.

Want to join in on the Around The Year In 52 Books Challenge? Check it out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment