Friday, June 23, 2017

Reading Right Now! (121)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


-- Nemesis (#1) by Anna Banks-- I'm pretty much just started this one, so I don't have a lot to say about it yet. The very beginning was a little rough for me to get into. It's a fantasy book, and sometimes fantasy books throw a lot of words at me that I don't always understand. I can have a mixed relationship with fantasy sometimes. If it takes too much effort for me to figure out the world and people, then I can be a little bored/confused/critical of them. 
I think I might be passed the rocky start on this one. I'm getting more into the story. It's told from two perspectives Tarik and Sepora (which in my head always turns into Sephora, because I'm a bit of a makeup junkie/hoarder at heart). Sepora is on the run from her home kingdom, where she's a princess. She has this rare ability to make this stuff (?), which her father wants to use as a weapon. She doesn't want her special ability thing to be used as a weapon, so she runs away. She's traveling to the kingdom Tarik has now just become the king of, to hide. I think she ends up getting captured or somehow running into Tarik, and they must work together to save kingdoms or people. I'm sorry for my description skills, but that's all I really know at this point.
I'm hopeful that I enjoy this one. I picked it up based 99% on the cover. The silver skin just drew me in, even though I know being covered with that kind of paint could be verrrry unhealthy. I think certain kinds can stop oxygen from getting to the skin. Didn't the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz have problems being covered with all that silver paint? I don't know, I'm just rambling. But I'm not even sure why the girl on the cover is silver? I don't know if that's really what color her skin is. I don't know if that's supposed to be a reflection of her ability. It's just an eye-catching cover, and it got me. Especially when you look into the details of it, and notice that her eyes are grey and her hair has this grayish tint to it. So, now you know that I do have a great tendency to pick books because of their covers.

Anyway, that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment