Friday, June 9, 2017

Reading Right Now! (119)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Spellman Files (#1) by Lisa Lutz-- I'm about 140 pages into it, and it's not what I thought it was going to be. Not that that's the worst thing ever, but I'm still undecided about how I feel about this thing. 
I thought I was going to be getting a beginning, middle, and end normal type of novel. A novel about a girl who works in her family's PI business, wants to get out, but has to solve one last case. In reality, the FILES part of the title is what I should have paid the most attention to. That's exactly how this is told, in files. And not chronological files either, it kind of just jumps around to different years, different situations, different people. It doesn't even really feel like a story, more like a crazy family illustrated by a bunch of different anecdotes. It's not bad, it's just not what I really wanted.
It's starting to grow on me the more I read it. I'm hoping that maybe everything will come together and it will tell an actual beginning, middle, end story.
I think I'm just wanting a normal novel. A funny, PI family business book. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

What are you Reading Right Now!? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment