Thursday, June 22, 2017

Review: The Hunt (The Cage #2) by Megan Shepherd


Title: The Hunt (The Cage #2)
Author: Megan Shepherd
Published by: Balzer + Bray
Released: 2015
Source: Library

Summary: The exciting sequel to The Cage, The Hunt picks up immediately after those events. If you haven't read The Cage, some of these summary details might contain SPOILERS!
The escape attempt was a fail. Cora is put in a new enclosure, a menagerie called The Hunt. It's a fantasy world for the Kindred to visit. They are entertained in the lobby by singing and drinks, and entertained on the Savannah by going on big game hunts. Cora must find a way to escape this place too.
Nok and Rolf have been placed in a dollhouse, where their activity is constantly monitored. If they don't do what the Kindred say, their baby could be taken away.
Leon is the only one who had a successful escape from the enclosure, but he's not safe yet. He had to make a deal with a blackmarket trader whose loyalties could change at any second.
How will they escape? Who can they trust? And will they ever get back home to Earth?
My Thoughts: This was definitely a ride. I was never sure what was going to happen next, how things would go down. There were a lot of shocks that surprised me, and one huge cliffhanger that makes me wonder just how all of this is going to end. I'm nervous for everyone. Nothing is as it seems in this world.
I love the imagination and weirdness in this series. The menagerie Cora, Lucky, and Mali found themselves in was depressing, as well as interesting. It made me realize how good they had it in their first enclosure, and how many humans are having to suffer for being "lesser" species. It's a side of alien abduction that hasn't really been explored.
I was pretty much just along for the ride in this. I had no idea what was going to happen, where it was going to go. It definitely kept me reading.
I'm still not the biggest fan of this weird attraction Cora and Cassian have for each other. I'm much more Team Lucky.
I am a fan of Megan Shepherd's stories. They are always interesting, sometimes shocking, and fun! I have to know what happens next. How this all ends. I'm also still in denial over what happened near the end of this. It can't be real! I don't know what to do after reading this. I'm going to be in that strange lurch waiting for the next book.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
One Wild Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment