Monday, June 26, 2017

Review: The Twilight Zone: The Original Stories Edited by Martin Harry Greenberg, Richard Matheson, and Charles G. Waugh


Title: The Twilight Zone: The Original Stories
Edited by: Martin Harry Greenberg, Richard Matheson, and Charles G. Waugh
Published by: Avon Books
Released: 1985
Source: Library

Summary: You are now entering The Twilight Zone! This Anthology contains The Original Stories that became some of the classic episodes. There are 30 tales that deal with space, the end of the world, interesting powers, and so much more. Nothing is quite as it seems. Enjoy your time in The Twilight Zone.
My Thoughts: Loved this!! I started watching The Twilight Zone on Netflix, because it was there, and because it's classic television. I've been pretty impressed with how it holds up. Sure some of the special effects are a little dated, but considering the time and technology it was filmed on, it did a pretty good job.
Since I was a fan of the TV Show, I wanted to try out one of the books. This book is cool because it is compiled by some of the original creators. Each story was an episode, so it includes the date the original episode aired and who starred in it. It contains a bunch of the iconic episodes, which I could pick out no problem.
What I loved most about this book was how easy it was to read. Each story was engaging and fun. Some of the twists were predictable, but they were still fun to read.
The Twilight Zone has a certain mood and feeling to it, which was perfectly captured in this collection. I really, really liked it. If you can get your hands on it, I totally recommend reading it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.5/5
Next Stop, The Twilight Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment