Friday, May 17, 2019

Reading Right Now! (206)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
I'm trying to do this thing where I read more than one book at once aannnnd it's working okay-ish. I'm reading two books at the same time in 50 page increments. I don't know how some readers do this successfully. I don't think I'm failing at it, but I don't think I'm winning at it either. Anyway...

 

A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy (The Salvagers #2) by Alex White -- I'm enjoying this. I will say so far, it has a very second book feel. It seems like they are doing these random missions in the galaxy and I kind of tend to forget why. I wish this book had included a bit of a recap from the first one, because I'm really having trouble remembering the bad people plot. I mean, I'm liking it. It's fine.

Friend Request by Laura Marshall -- I'm liking this one. It's about a woman who gets a friend request from a dead girl. She has a past with this girl, secrets that she's kept hidden. It's a really engaging read. It has a lot to do with bullying, that urge to fit in with the cool kids even though you know they are not what is best for you. I'm interested to see where this story goes.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! I'm a little over halfway in both of them. I decided to pick two completely different genres to read at the same time so I wouldn't confuse myself with similar stories and worlds. I'm not hating my time trying to read multiple books at once, but I wouldn't say that it's making me read faster either. I don't know. I'm still on the fence about this whole experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment