Monday, January 25, 2016

Review: Chew Volume 2: International Flavor by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew Volume 2: International Flavor
Author: John Layman and Rob Guillory
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2010
Summary: Tony Chu is baaaack! Since his boss hates him, Tony has been getting the worst jobs. While investigating a bank robbery, Tony comes across a plant that tastes just like chicken. Tony decides to do some off hours work and travels to the tropical island where this chicken plant grows. With his partner John to distract the boss, Tony uncovers some serious chicken business and encounters more secrets along the way.
My Thoughts: Loved this!! This comic series is so much fun. Tony and John still remind me of Miles and Sawyer from Lost, which I also love. I love imagining Miles and Sawyer doing weird detective work and still being partners.
I'm still loving the artwork in this series. I really like how it has a cartoon feel and all the little extra tidbits thrown in on posters and signs in the background.
I love the humor in this series. I was pretty much laughing from page one. Even though it deals with a gross subject matter, I just love the humor incorporated. It's zany and fun.
I also really liked how in this volume, the story flowed and made sense. Instead of a bunch of separate episodes, we got a continuous story.
This review has pretty much been a gush fest, but this series so far has just been a lot of fun for me to read. I definitely recommend it and I'm excited to pick up the next volume for myself.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Zany fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment