Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review: The Isis Collar (Blood Singer #4) by Cat Adams


Title: The Isis Collar (Blood Singer #4)
**side note: didn't know this was part of a series when I read it, so I read it out of order**
Author: Cat Adams
Published by: Tom Doherty Associates LLC. / A Tor book
Released: 2012
Summary: When Celia Graves gets a call from a clairvoyant about a bomb in a school, she races there only to be caught up in the magical blast. At first, everyone seems to be unhurt, but as time goes on, the hospitals start to fill with teachers and students suffering from a rare and deadly disease.
Celia develops a strange, throbbing bruise on her leg along with severe headaches. Celia, with the help of her friends and associates, must find the maker of this bomb and stop them before they can strike again. The fate of the world rests in the hands of a half-vampire/half-siren Celia and her gang of magical misfits.
My Thoughts: A magical urban fantasy romp. Highly enjoyable and very entertaining. This is the 4th book in the Blood Singer series, and I really wish I had read the first 3 before I started this one. It is totally my own fault, but I really wish I had been caught up in the story just so I knew who was who.
The plot of this story reminded me a lot of a book I had read earlier in the month which was Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry. Just an odd sort of coincidence there. Obviously, these were two very different books, with one full of magic and the other full of Special Ops teams, but the two villains had a very similar sort of diabolical scheme. Another thing these two had in common was the tantalizing lure of zombies in the synopsis and then the stories ended up not being about a zombie apocalypse situation at all. Zombies were a weapon instead of a main part of the story, but enough about that.
I really enjoyed this book. It had tons of action and was just no stress, fun reading. Don't be a book idiot like me, and make sure to start this series from the very beginning so you don't miss any of the fun stuff. If you like urban fantasy, then go check this series out.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
A Very Enjoyable Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment