Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Favorite Self-Published Books

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is our Top 5 Favorite Self-Published Books. This post is going to be very disappointing, because I don't have 5 Favorite Self-Published books. I don't read that many Self-Published books, and when I do, it's because the author and their work got popular enough for a publishing house to pick them up. So, for this post I really only have one book/series that I know for sure started off as self-published. Maybe in the coming years I'll read more self-published books.


1. The First Days (As the World Dies Book 1) by Rhiannon Frater: I loved this book so much. It's zombies, I love zombie, end of the world books. This is the first book in a series, and I've read the first two books. I really need to read the third because I know I'll love it. This series might not be everyones thing, but it's what I like. It follows two women as the zombie outbreak occurs. They come together and then meet up with other survivors. If you like The Walking Dead, I think you'll like this. Now this series started off life as being self-published and got really popular, eventually getting picked up and re-released by a publishing house. It's so good.

So that's the only self-published book I could think of to put on this list. I know of other self-published books, but I couldn't put them on my favorite list because I haven't read them yet. Like one day, I'm gonna get around to reading something by Amanda Hocking. Her name is like synonymous with self-publishing success. If you know of any good self-published books, let me know. I obviously need to broaden my horizons.
So that's my Top 5 Wednesday. What are your favorite self-published masterpieces? Let me know in the comments below. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new topic to consider and enjoy. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!

No comments:

Post a Comment