Friday, February 3, 2017

Reading Right Now! (101)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy #2) by Amy Engel-- I'd say I'm about 2/3 of the way through this sucker, and I'm really liking it. This is the kind of book that is just in my comfort zone. As soon as I start reading post-apocalyptic books, with some romance, and some danger, I just feel good. It's fun for me to read.
For those that don't know, this is the sequel to The Book of Ivy, which is about a dystopian/post-apocalyptic world where a nuclear bomb went off years ago. Survivors straggled together and eventually formed this town called Westfall. But there was a fight over who would control the town, and it was mainly between two families, the Westfalls and the Lattimers. The Westfalls lost and they had to subjugate themselves to the Lattimers. The punishment is that once the Westfall girls reach the age of sixteen, they are married off to the victors' sons. Ivy is an original descendant of the Lattimer's and today is her wedding day, she is going to marry the President's son. Ivy has a secret though, she's going to kill him.
I'm enjoying this one so far. I did get bogged down a little in the middle, because Ivy was going through all of this love angst stuff, and just wouldn't express her feelings to anybody, which got a little irritating. But I really like the survival aspect and her relationship with Bishop is just so precious! I'd definitely recommend giving this series a read, if it sounds good to you.

What are you Reading Right Now!? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment