Friday, February 24, 2017

Reading Right Now! (104)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Long Way To A Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers-- and...


I'm struggling. My main problem, this book really has no plot. Everyone goes on and on about the fantastic characters, and they can be entertaining, but I just need some type of plot, some purpose to this whole thing. I'm a fan of character driven novels, but they've got to have some draw to keep me reading. I don't really feel like this does. 
Some could argue that the overall plot is journeying to the Toremi space to complete this job, and maybe I could buy that, if the trip hadn't taken forever!!!


I'm currently on page 330, so I can see the end in sight. If I didn't have this weird thing with having to finish all the books I read, I would have quit this one already. This book is overhyped. It's boring. Sure the characters are okay, but that's all it's got going for it.
There's been some relationships that just cause me to scratch my head. Like a guy falling in love with the AI, ummm... she's essentially a computer program. I'm not feeling the chemistry. I once watched a documentary about people who fell in love with inanimate objects, like trains, a ferris wheel, bridges, and a pair of speakers, and I thought that was weird too. Also Rosemary's  crush/thing came out of left-field for me and I don't really buy it.
I won't apologize for my opinions. If you love it, great! I'm happy for you, but books are a subjective thing, not everyone has to like the same thing. I'll probably have a lot to say in my review when I do finally finish this. I just expected this wonderful, fantabulous book, and am disappointed by the reality.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

book cover is from www.goodreads.com
other images/gifs are from a google image search

No comments:

Post a Comment