Monday, February 13, 2017

Review: Chew, Volume 4: Flambe by John Layman and Rob Guillory


Title: Chew, Volume 4: Flambe
Written and Lettered by: John Layman
Drawn and Colored by: Rob Guillory
Color Assists by: Steven Struble
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2011
Source: Library

Summary: Tony Chu and John Colby never get a break from their jobs. With the odd, possibly alien writing swirling around the Earth, people don't know what to do. Some see it as the end-of-times, others see it as an excuse to eat chicken without fear of being arrested. One thing is for sure, Tony Chu is going to have to eat more weird things. Poor Tony.
My Thoughts: I love this series!! It might not always make sense, it might not always have a flowing plot, but it is always fun. I live for the fun this series provides. Tony and John are the best team ever!
My one nitpick about this Volume, and this series in general, is that sometimes I question how one escapade connects to the next. There are a lot of separate little scenes and stories, and I don't know how they will play into the bigger picture. That's just my nitpicky thing though.
I love the humor in this series. It never fails to make me laugh. I also love the colorful artwork. It is just a super fun reading experience.
I love these comics. They are so fun, mixed with crazy, mixed with color. I can't wait to see what happens with Tony and John next! I mean, I have to know because of that ending.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Love It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment