Friday, May 5, 2017

Reading Right Now! (114)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


--The Secret Sea by Barry Lyga-- I've been trudging through this book, so it hasn't exactly been a fun time for me. I don't even really know how to explain what it's about. This boy named Zak hears voices, sees visions, and discovers something shocking about his life. He ends up in another universe, with a mission to rescue someone important to him. That's what I'll say.
I'm not really enjoying it. I found the beginning to be kind of hard to get into. I don't really enjoy the character of Zak that much. I'm really only enjoying a couple of the side characters. 
There's a tiny part of this book that reminds me of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, and it's really only the alternate universes thing. But the world these kids end up in is weird. I don't know if I really like it.
One thing that is a little cool to read about is that the main character has a heart condition. I've not read many books where that is a reality for a character.
I was unaware when I picked this up that it was a Middle Grade book too. I'm not sure if I like it being a middle grade.
I don't know. I'm not hating it, but I'm not loving it either.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment