Monday, May 22, 2017

Review: 21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology edited by Christopher Golden


Title: 21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology
Various Authors
Edited by: Christopher Golden
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin
Released: 2012
Source: Library

Summary: When the dead won't stay dead, the living must keep living. Featuring 19 stories of the shambling undead, this Anthology featuring various authors, stretches the imagination. Full of hopelessness and hope, worlds on the brink are exposed. 
Featuring stories from Orson Scott Card, Simon R. Green, Daniel H. Wilson, and many others, this Anthology explores where death is not the end. While the undead claw at the doors, barricade yourself with this Undead Anthology.
My Thoughts: This was decent. Anthologies are always a funny thing, in that one is not going to love every story. I felt that the second half of the anthology was stronger than the first half. There were a lot of weird stories in here. There were a lot of depressing stories too, which could go with the zombie territory, but I like having a little hope in them.
I enjoyed the stories from Jonathan Maberry, Caitlin Kittredge, Stephanie Crawford, Duane Swierczynski, Daniel H. Wilson, and Amber Benson.
Some to the stories applied the zombie concept in a very imaginative way. I didn't always like those stories, just because I enjoy the shambling undead ones, with humanity struggling to survive. I give them props for being super imaginative though. 
All in all, I enjoyed reading this. It was about time I got some zombie stories back in my reading pile. Perfect for Halloween reading, or any season reading.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
So Many Zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment