Friday, May 26, 2017

Reading Right Now! (117)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
It's actually nothing. I just finished a book and haven't decided what I want to start next. Actually, there is another book I started, but I'm kind of reading that one slowly. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking of reading next.

 

The Choices:
--Chat Love by Justine Faeth-- This is the one I'm most likely to read next because I need to review it. The author kindly sent it to me for an honest review. I feel compelled to say that I wasn't paid to review it though. It seems like all kinds of popular booktubers are being paid to review and promote books. It kind of makes me not trust what they are saying as much, because I feel like the whole paid promotion thing makes it dirty and untrustworthy. Anyway, this book is a chick-lit. I love chick-lit. It's also pretty short. This might be the one I read next.

--American Gods by Neil Gaiman-- I'd also like to read American Gods because I'm curious about it. Mainly because the show came out. I haven't watched the show, but there's an actor that I like in it. Can you guess who the actor is?? Ding Ding, If you guessed Ricky Whittle, You're right! Lincoln from The 100 now stars as Shadow Moon in American Gods. But apart from the show thing, I've heard it's a good book. So I might dive into that one.

I Am Currently Reading, But Not HardCore Reading This...


--The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost-- I was drawn to this one mainly because the format it's written in. It's set up like a case file, with documents and pictures and annotations in the margins. I'm a sucker for books with that type of set up. Not all of them are good, but as soon as I see that stuff in a book, I'm sold. I also have no real knowledge of the Twin Peaks television show. I did watch the first episode on Netflix, and I plan on continuing it. In reviews, I've seen that this book spoils something that happens in the TV show. Also, they brought Twin Peaks back, as a kind of revival thing, which further sparks my interest.

So those are my wishy-washy Reading Right Now! plans for this weekend. Memorial Day Weekend! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment